Our Terms & Conditions of Hire
- You must be at least 18 years of age to agree to and enter into an agreement with us.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
Hire period/Hirer responsibilities
- All orders are for single event use only and for use at the agreed event address/location only.
- The hire period is for a maximum of 1 day only unless agreed otherwise by Rustic Events.
- If you require additional time for the set up or dressing of hired goods we advise that you hire items for an additional day.
- Any extension to the hire period must be agreed with Rustic Events prior to your event. Extensions to the hire period will incur additional charges.
- All items hired shall remain the property of Rustic Events at all times.
- Whilst in their possession, the hirer/customer is responsible for the care of all items for the duration of the hire period stated as from the time of delivery up until the point of collection where items are accepted back by Rustic Events.
- Standard services provided are for Hire, Delivery and collection only. The hirer is responsible for the set up and positioning of hired items.
Delivery & Collection
- Delivery charges are standard and applicable dependent upon the number of goods hired and the distance required for delivery.
- Rustic Events will endeavour to meet agreed delivery & collection times however will not be held accountable or responsible nor accept any liability for any costs incurred from the customer for any delay in delivery or collection.
- An allocated 2 hour slot will be provided for your delivery, whilst we endeavour to ensure to meet agreed times and take appropriate measures to do so, circumstances out of our control may not always permit this, deliveries in some unforeseen instances may be later. We will contact you directly if we are due to be later than one hour passed the agreed delivery time.
- Details reference to access will be obtained from the customer at the time the order is placed. Access details must be accurately communicated to Rustic Events to ensure location is suitable and safe for delivery.
- Clients must ensure that all access/egress routes including but not limited to stairs, fields, lifts, doorways/access points are suitable and sufficient for the safe transportation of hired goods.
- As standard delivery, Rustic Events supply one persons for the delivery and collection of hired goods. The client is required to ensure that an adequate number of persons are available for the transportation of hired items from the delivery point to the final location.
- A person must be present at the agreed time and location to take receipt of delivery.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to risk assess the transportation of goods from the agreed delivery point to their final position.
- Rustic Events will not be held accountable nor be liable for any damages caused by the transportation or lifting of any hired goods.
- On receipt of items delivered, the customer is responsible for and must inspect all items and report/communicate any damage or shortage of items at the point of delivery. If failing to do so, the items will be deemed to have been delivered in a clean and undamaged condition.
- The customer agrees to prepare all goods for collection ensuring that they are returned to the agreed delivery point.
- Failure to return or prepare goods for collection will result in an incurred cost equating to 15% of the total hire cost.
- All items will be supplied in a clean ready to use condition. Prior to collection, all goods are to be returned in an equally clean condition.
- Failure to return items in a clean condition will result in a 15% charge and will be deducted from the security deposit.
- You will be charged accordingly for the cleaning of or any repairs required to Victorian sofa, Oak barrels or Costermonger Cart where red wine, wax or water stains are identified.
Damages & Security
- Hired items are for internal use only and must remain inside protected from the elements for the hire period unless permission is given in advance of the event by Rustic Events.
- Items suitable for outdoor use are specified on the website.
- The Hirer will ensure that all hired items are stored securely at all times. Stolen items will be charged at market value with the potential of additional costs incurred for loss of hire.
- All damages, breakages or losses will be charged accordingly dependent on each items market value.
- Once an order has been raised, a 20% of the overall hire cost or £200.00 Security deposit whichever is the highest is required to secure your order.
- This amount is in addition to the total hired goods cost and serves as a security deposit for any potential damages, breakages or losses.
- The security deposit will be refunded once the balance of the hire cost has been paid in full and all hired items are returned and checked for damages.
- The balance of your hire charge must be paid in full at least 30 days in advance of the start date of the agreed hire period.
- Payments can be made via BACS, pay pal or card. Specific payment details will be detailed on issued invoices.
- Should the cost of any damages, breakages or losses exceed the security deposit amount then an invoice will be raised and issued accordingly to cover such costs.
- Damage, breakages or loss costs will be calculated and applied based on the time taken to repair.
- If items are beyond repair/lost or stolen, items will be charged at current market value.
- All cancellations or postponements must be made in writing to Rustic Events.
- The following charges will apply based on the notification period given by the client
- All cancellations will incur a charge of £200.00 or 20% of the total hire cost, whichever is higher.
- A period of 8 – 6 week notification before the commencement of the hire period
will result in fees payable of 50% of the total hire charge (less the security deposit).
- Under 4 weeks notification before the commencement of the hire period, fees payable will amount to 100% of the total hire charge plus any additional costs incurred by Rustic Events.
- Any charges detailed will be invoiced to the client and must be paid within 7 calendar days.
- Rustic Events will honour any request for postponement, however this request must be made in writing and must be made within a minimum of 90 days in advance of the commencement of the hire period.
- The security deposit paid from the original booking will be transferred to a revised date if the client reschedules the event for a future date so long as it does not exceed 90 days from the date of the original commencement of the hire period.
- Any further postponement of any rescheduled event will result in full cancelation charges as outlined in cancellations text above.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Rustic Events requires certain client data for the sole purpose of providing a hire service.
- We obtain your name, venue location, contact details which are required for the booking process and bank details collected for payment and the return of security deposit only.
- The data will never be shared with a third party.
- At any point, the client can request to know where the data is stored and ask to have the data erased.
- Whilst we do our upmost to ensure items for hire are safe, please be reminded that all hired items are original pieces, some of which may have sharp edges with potential to cause harm or injury.
- Please prevent Children from climbing on any hired furniture to reduce the likelihood of injury or damage being sustained.
- Please take care when manoeuvring or transporting items, utilise mechanical aid wherever possible to avoid the risk of sustaining manual handling injuries. Items of increased weight, size, difficulty etc. must not be lifted/moved by a singular person.
- Rustic Events will not accept liability for any injury sustained whilst items are under the hirers/customers possession. The hirer/customer holds the duty of care and is responsible for the care of all items for the duration of the hire period.